Saturday, July 7, 2012

Friends that Make Me Tick

Friends make commitments that they don't intend to keep. Funnily, people do it all the time consciously or unconsciously. True enough, daily examples are horrendous. Friends that make me tick and cringe.

Say, XX readily agreed to go to this outing with me this weekend. Time and location and meeting place were set and ready to go. However, on the date itself, it was a no show. Duuuhhh! Even airlines charges money for no show fees, perhaps I should too?

Say, XX came to know about this outing and asked me indignantly “Why am I not invited?”, so I replied XX with the details of this outing. Voila! XX did not attend the outing afterall. The best part was XX does not inform me whether he/she was coming or not coming. Aha! Was it meant to be a RIDDLE?? Hmm…. I’m not so good with riddles, oh wells.

Say, after I kept facing multiple rejections from XX on hanging out sessions, XX casually remarked “Let’s catch up some time.” Kindly ZOOM IN on the FULLSTOP in this sentence. A FULLSTOP and a QUESTION MARK, it sure does make a helluva difference in the context. A fullstop ends the sentence, no commitments whatsoever, you may wish to think of it as a one night stand. A question mark however requires an answer, you may consider it as flexible commitment. Read carefully next time to avoid reading the wrong signals.

Say, XX is spontaneous hyper siao-on type of person. No matter what event or timing, XX is always EVER-READY to agree to go. I ain’t talking about a battery here, I’m talking about a human who doesn’t appear to think twice or check his own calendar schedules which might have been packed to the brim when he commits to an event . Just wondering, do you say yes before you thought about no? No. Yes, that’s just the answer I want to know. So is that a yes or no?

Yeah sure, go ahead and leave. The front door is open and kindly don’t bang your head on it along the way out alright? I don’t want any blood on my door. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment